Initial setup help and instructions for our template versions based on Oscommerce 2.2.
Step 1 – Security, password and admin login
- Login to your shops admin with the provided password and username, and go to My Account where you can and should change the given username and password to your own.
- If you have need of more adminsitration users , you can create new ones in your shops admin under: Administrator>>Member Groups
Step 2 – Shop and owner info. ( Configuration >> My Store )
- Store Name – insert your shops name (Att: Take notice that this title is also automatically used in your shops meta info)
- Store Owner – insert person/department/company/shop name.
- E-Mail Address – insert your email address
- E-Mail From – insert the email address and person/department/company/shop name you want emails to be sent from.
- Country – insert your shops country. (Att. Take notice that the country you choose here is also the default first country shown in the create account in your web site)
- Zone – insert your shops State/Province/Region
- Send Extra Order Emails To – insert email adresses that you want to get a copy of order confirmation emails sent to.
Att: In this section you will also find, Use Search-Engine Friendly Urls (In Delelopment) this should be set to False . If not you might get this error in your web site: Error: Unable to determine the page link!
Step 3 – General shipping configuration. (Configuration>>Shipping/Packaging)
Here you can set base shipping country, zip/post code and packaging tar weight. This info is used by most of the shipping modules to calculate shipping rates.
Step 4 – Customer Details. (Configuration>>Customer Details)
Here you can choose the level of customer details you want to collect in the create account stage of your shopping cart.
Step 5 – Purchase Without An Account (Configuration>>Account)
Here you can choose if you want to let customers choose to shop without having to create an account.
Step 6 – Side Boxes (Configuration>>Side Boxes)
Here you can choose which side boxes to show in the website.
Step 7 – Country and tax zones. ( Locations/taxes )
- Countries – Here you can choose which countries you want to your shop to sell/ship. This is easily done by clicking one the green button for enable or the red button for disable next to the individual country names. (Location/Taxes>>Countries)
- Zones – Here you can choose which zones you want to your shop to sell/ship to. This is easily done by clicking one the green button for enable or the red button for disable next to the individual zone names. (Location/Taxes>>Zones)
- Tax Zones – If your shop operates in markeds with different taxes this is where you can setup tax zone groups for the different markeds. (Location/Taxes>>Tax Zones)
- Tax Classes – Here you can set up product tax classes. (Location/Taxes>>Tax Classes)
- Tax Rates – Here you can set up the different tax rates. (Location/Taxes>>Tax Rates)
Step 8 – Language and Currency. (Localization)
- Currency – Here you can add, edit or remove currencies used in your shopping cart. Here you can also update them against live currency exchange rates by clicking on the button named “update” . (Localization>>Currencies)
- Languages >> Here you can add, edit or remove the languages used in your shop. (Localization>>Languages)
- Order Status >> Here you can add, edit or remove the available order statuses for your shops orders.